If you are unexpectedly pregnant, you may be considering continuing your pregnancy and becoming a parent. While this decision is not an easy one, it can be possible with the right support system. At Real Options, we are here to address your parenting concerns and help you find the resources you need to be a successful parent, if you choose.
Is Parenting Right For Me?
This is probably the biggest question running through your head right now. Bringing a child into this world can seem daunting, but you are not alone.
Here are some common questions you may have if you are thinking about parenting:
- Can I afford a child?
- What if the father isn’t around?
- Can I provide a loving home for this child?
- Will I be able to finish school/continue with my career even though I have a baby?
- What if I don’t know how to care for a child?
- Are there organizations or program out there to help me?
Whether you plan to parent with your partner or will be a single parent, you have the capacity to be a loving, capable parent to your child. Basically, it all comes down to support. If you have friends, families and organizations in your life to help you along the way, you will have a much easier time caring for a baby. That won’t guarantee that parenting will be easy, but it can be easier with the right people by your side.